Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Breakfast At Your Desk: Slow-Cooker Porridge With Dried Fruit and Spices

I make all kinds of dinner meals in my slow cooker, but it never occurred to me that I could make breakfast that way (what a concept, right!?, until I came across this recipe ...


Don't you just love the word "porridge"? It reminds me of the "Three Little Bears" and other nursery rhymes. Anyhow, so when perusing the Food Network's site recently--getting very hungry while doing so--I came across this fantastic recipe for slow-cooker porridge.


The recipe calls for a combo of rice and oats and dried fruit and spices (including orange peel!). I love the idea of breakfast simmering and ready when I wake up--and a healthy breakfast at that! Lots of fiber, lots of whole grains, lots of blood-sugar-stabilizing spices!


This one's a winner--try it, and tell me what you think.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment