Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Breakfast At Your Desk: Save a Ton of Money By Doing This

I have an amazing idea for an affordable bring-to-work-breakfast--because we could all stand to save a little more money, right? Read on for the details...


Don't ever spend $2.99 or $3.99 for a breakfast burrito again. Instead, make a huge batch of homemade breakfast burritos and freeze them! I'm planning a frozen breakfast-burrito-making-party this week. Here's what we're going to do:


a. Scramble a big batch of eggs.


b. Saute loads of onions and peppers.


c. Roast up some diced potatoes.


d. Assemble it all into a few dozen tortillas (oh, and let's not forget the cheese!) that I'll wrap up and freeze individually for breakfasts at home or on the go. Just zap in the microwave for 2-3 minutes like you would a store-bought frozen burrito.


Smart idea, huh? I must confess: I didn't think of it. A friend of mine does this all the time and inspired me with her thrifty healthy eating ways.


Would you try something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment